Rethink Local Enters the Brassys!
The Brassy Award
Back in September of this year, Square announced a new award that they planned on giving out. Known as the Brassy Award (or the Brassys), Square is looking to honor small businesses that are bold, and stand out in the crowd. That can easily describe us here at Rethink Local.
Thousands of small businesses entered, but only 35 will move on to the finals. Voting for your favorite small business was open from September 13 until October 9th. Don’t worry, though, if you didn’t get a chance to vote for Rethink Local to win a Brassy Award! While popularity DOES influence the outcome of the finalists, it’s not the only thing that counts. The judges are also looking at things like mission, innovation and originality, community involvement, and customer love. We have all of those things in spades, so keep your fingers crossed!
The 35 finalists will walk away with a lovely little prize package filled with:
- Custom Square product package
- Business Power Pack ($2,500 approximate retail value), with prizes from our partners:
- Google AdWords
- Google Chromebook + Chromecast
- Regional press recognition
- “BRASSY Finalist” in-store decals
Sounds pretty amazing, right?
After the finalists have been announced in mid-October, the judges will sort through the 35 businesses and pick the top five small businesses that “undertakes significant financial risks” and takes on the challenge anyways. The winners will be announced sometime in mid-November.
The 5 Brassy Award winners will receive, in addition to the finalist package:
- $10,000 cash prize
- One-day mentorship session with the judging panel at the Seller Summit hosted at Square headquarters in San Francisco (all expenses paid)
- National press recognition
- “BRASSY winner” in-store decals
Keep your finger crossed for us here at Rethink Local, and check back in a few weeks to see if we’ve moved on to the final round!